Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sleeping and Then Not

Thank goodness we get to push the clocks back and hour the night before the marathon.

We got back to the hotel by 8:00 and I was in bed by 8:30. We set 3 alarms, as I needed to be in Union Square to catch the bus by 6:00AM.

I went to sleep.

I awoke at 1:00 and had to pee.

Before I have the covers off me, I hear Amy's voice coming from the floor. "Don't step on me." I say okay and I step over her and head to the bathroom.

I get back into bed and the party noises from outside sound like they are in our room. I slept for about 30 minutes at a stretch waking up to various 'conversations' that were a demonstration of alcohol induced testosterone rage. It got ugly and loud.

I finally just got up and turned off the alarms at 4:15AM. Amy got off the floor soon there after.

Amy, Amy, Amy - we decided that she was my maid of honor. She just took care of me. I mean took care. She made sure I had a bagel and a banana. She made sure I had water and coffee. She made sure I got from the hotel to bus on time. Not only did she make sure, she lead me the entire way. This is a woman who is rarely out of bed by 8:00AM and she did all of this for me. I adore her. She is the best support a girl could have. You want her as your friend.

Amy got me to the bus by 5:40, I hugged her goodbye and got on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment