Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deciding What to Wear

I went back and forth trying to decide what I was going to wear for the marathon. This wasn't my usual, "What am I going to wear?" This wasn't about looking cute or accentuating my waist and hiding my hips and ass. Thia was about how am I going to stay cool and not be too cold.

Kevin is always my go to guy when it comes to weather. He was telling me to wear the short sleeves under my singlet. I was really worried about the wind and the temperatures being too cool.

The difficult part was that due to my injuries in the last month, I never really did a long run in coolish weather. My last long run was October 3rd. It was 48 degrees and early in the day. I wore long sleeves that day. I knew I could roll up those sleeves and they would stay up. I knew the tech shirt would breathe well and I pulled the trigger. It would be the long sleeves. I would also wear my Halo sweatband under my awesome R2R cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment