Saturday, November 6, 2010

Okie Dokie

One more night night.

I leave for The Big Apple in about 3 hours.

Amy and I will check in to our hotel, head over to the Expo, then back to the hotel and then to the Team's Pasta Dinner, then back to the hotel to sleep.

I am using what served me well before I got into the hot seat on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Here it is translated for a physical challenge, rather than a mental one:

- My body has been trained the way it was trained. There is nothing I can do now to train it more.

- I am not alone. I have lifelines from mile 8 on. My peeps will feed me energy and love.

- My body is and will be impacted by my mind. It is wasteful to spend anytime on what I shoulda/coulda done.

- It is what it is - there will be discomfort and maybe even pain.

I read this on another runner's blog:

You can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off you face.

I am a sweat wiper!

That would be a great thing for my peeps to tell me:

LYNNIE! YOU ARE A SWEAT WIPER!

I'll post on Monday when I get back home and let you know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment